Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 24, 2014

His World

My oldest comes home tomorrow.

He has been gone a week.  I miss him.

He's busy doing good deeds and having fun as I sit here and think about him.

Earlier today I decided things have been more peaceful this week.  

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have him here, but the quiet is nice.

He's not a loud kid, nor is he home much when he is home.

But get him near his brother and bicker, bicker, bicker.

And the coming and going.....constantly.  God forbid he sit and chat with his mother.

I always hope after the mission trip he will all of a sudden enjoy my company.

Didn't happen last year so I don't expect it to this year.

He only has 1 month until school starts.  Not much time until he's a senior.  

A senior.  Wow.

Where has the time gone?

There was a day way back when.....when he wouldn't leave my side.

I was the best thing in his world.

I bet deep down inside he still thinks I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment